La Marque Economic Development Corporation
We Mean Business.
Economic Development Goal
The primary goal of the La Marque Economic Development Corporation is to assist in the development of a strong, diversified economy for the City of La Marque. This can be accomplished with a multifaceted approach that consists of efforts that help to promote business retention, business expansion, and business recruitment. For business, La Marque offers developmental incentives, an abundance of commercial property and build-to-suit opportunities. La Marque is the Gateway to the Gulf.
Location & Community Profile
La Marque is the Gateway to the Gulf and the Hub of the Mainland.
- The City of La Marque is strategically positioned in Galveston County, 15 miles south of Houston and four miles north of Galveston.
- La Marque is the second-fastest-growing city in the County with an estimated population of 16,000, an area of 14.25 square miles and boasting 14.3 miles of I-45 frontage—more than any other city in Galveston County.
- Citizens enjoy easy, breezy coastal living, abundant housing options and the security of a hurricane protection levee system.
- La Marque is a sportsman's paradise and offers access to world-class medical, travel and entertainment options.
- Citizens and visitors enjoy Bayou Fest, an early fall concert series and BBQ Cook Off offering free family fun; Magical Winter Lights, a 52-day holiday lantern festival; and Crawfish Bash, an annual crawfish cook off that earned a Guinness World Record in 2017.
- For business, La Marque offers prime I-45 frontage, creative incentives, an abundance of commercial property, a budding downtown revitalization and build-to-suit opportunities.