City of La Marque entered into an Interlocal Agreement with Galveston County for animal shelter and/or field animal control services within our city limits. Bayou Vista, Hitchcock, Kemah, La Marque, Tiki Island and Texas City all participate in the same agreement.
Citizens are encouraged to visit the Animal Resource Center for information on pet adoptions, vaccinations, spay and neuter services.
Generally, Galveston County manages:
- Animal Bites
- Animal Nuisance
- Injured Animals
- Rabies Vaccinations
- Animal Ordinances
- Cruelty Investigations
For information, visit https://www.gchd.org/animal-services/animal-control or call 409-948-2485.
ARC animal control officers enforce the animal services policy. Regulations you should be aware of:
- Restraint, Impoundment and Disposition of Dogs and Cats (Health District Policy: Section 7)
- Anti-tethering Law (Health District Policy: Section 7, Subsection F)
- Reporting of Rabies Suspects (Health District Policy: Section 8)
- Number of Dogs and Cats Limited (Health District Policy: Section 9)
- Cruelty to Animals and Dog Fighting (Health District Policy: Section 10)
- Dangerous Dogs (Health District Policy: Section 12)
- Releasing or Abandonment of Animals (Health District: Section 18)