Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
A fresh-never-frozen, eco-friendly, family-owned restaurant buying from local vendors & promising clean, farm to table food with friendly service.
Get ready to tee up, La Marque! Birdie’s Eatery, an American fusion, golf-themed restaurant and family- friendly hangout, will be open for business in Downtown La Marque this winter. Birdie’s plans to serve lunch and dinner plus pickup orders and local catering delivery. Swing in for relaxed sit-down dining or takeaway with their Grab & Go concept offering fresh salads, sand “wedges” and soups for players on the go.
Birdie’s menu includes wings, gourmet sandwiches and burgers, fresh salads plus hot and cold soups. At least once a month, owners Robert and Tina Steinhaus plan to host “Family Night”, where they choose a dish from around the world and serve it family style at the restaurant. Expect dishes like Korean Gimbap (rice rolls), Kimchi (traditional side dish), Pajeon (Korean pancake) and Bulgogi (Korean BBQ) one month and then a family-style meal from France, Thailand or Norway the next.
“I’ve been cooking since I was five years old,” said Head Chef Tina Steinhaus. “I was a military brat and then became an oil man’s wife. Through all my travels, I always tried new things, experienced new food and set out to learn a new skill or flavor combination. One thing that never changes - I value quality over quantity and believe in the personal side of cooking.”
Robert and Tina promise fresh-never-frozen ingredients and plan to buy local, organically grown products at every opportunity.
“We traveled the world and now we’re back where it all started,” said Robert. “We want to bring some of our amazing food experiences back to Galveston County. Tina and I plan to engage with our community. We want to get to know your family and become friends with our customers. We are happy to be downtown and we’re excited to grow with La Marque.”
• Tina said she’ll make fresh Arnold Palmers every day
• Robert is making many of the family-style restaurant tables by hand
• Birdie is a golf score that means one stroke under Par. The term was coined in the early 20th century from American slang term “bird”, meaning anything excellent.
• Currently, five big screen TVs are planned. The Steinhaus’ will be showing all the big games – football, basketball, MMA, golf – you name it. Cold beer will be on tap, as well as a selection of wine.
• No Phone Zone – Robert and Tina envision Birdie’s as a place where patrons come to socialize and spend quality time with friends and family.
• There will be a designated area for young children to play while parents and friends catch up.
• Police, Fire, EMS, first responders and veterans will get a discount at Birdie’s. Plus, there will be a Wall of Heroes, where the local community can come leave notes of love and support for any active military or first responder.
Follow Birdie’s Eatery on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @BirdiesEatery or visit birdieseatery.com. Currently accepting applications.