The La Marque City Clerk's Office serves as a major source of information within the City and to all of the citizens. The manner in which information is provided is as important as the information itself.
The City Clerk is responsible for attending and accurately recording the minutes of all regular and special meetings of the City Council. The City Clerk is also the custodian of all official records of the City, and is the Records Management Officer.
The City Clerk is also responsible for:
- City Cemetery (burial plots)
- Itinerant vendor permits
- New application and renewal of liquor licenses
- To record all actions of City Council
- Guarantee the authenticity of all official documents and provide for their safekeeping and retrieval
- Administer City elections and the City's Records Management Program
- Provide public information by personal contact or through media sources
Open Records Requests
Any request for public information submitted by mail or hand-delivered shall be submitted to:
- City Clerk
- City of La Marque
- 1111 Bayou Road
- La Marque, Texas 77568.
Any request for public information submitted by electronic mail shall be submitted to pir.cityoflamarque.org.
All City elections are administered by Galveston County Election Division. The City Clerk's Office is responsible for:
- The preparation and publication of all official notices and orders
- Preparations for election officials and polling places
- The receipt and filing of all candidate forms and reports