La Marque Public Library
La Marque Public Library offering curbside pick up of library materials from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Step-by-step instructions for curbside pickup:
- Call or Login to your account to place materials on hold.
- Library staff will call when your materials are ready for pickup.
- Upon arrival to the library, remain in your vehicle. Your materials will be placed in your trunk by library staff.
Please note, La Marque Library remains closed to the public. We are working hard to prepare the library to be functional and safe while ensuring we’re able to maintain adequate social distancing when we reopen. In the meantime, our staff is available to answer questions by phone Monday through Friday at 409-938-9270. Library staff can set you up with library card if you don’t have one and help walk you through accessing our databases. Free Wifi is available and accessible 24 hours a day from our parking lot.
The Library is now offering computer use by appointment only. Please give us a call at 409-938-9270 to schedule an appointment.
Below is a list of frequently asked questions.
What services are available?
Curbside pickup of library materials is available as well as computer access by appointment.
When are computers available?
Public computers are available for one-hour appointments M-F 10:00 – 4:00.
How do I make an appointment for a computer session?
Call us at 409-938-9270 at least one hour before you’d like to use a computer. Staff will schedule you for a one-hour session. Computer sessions will be limited to one per day per person.
Why are sessions for only one hour?
The health and safety of customers and staff is our priority, so we are trying to limit the amount of contact users have with each other in order to provide a safe environment for everyone.
How often can I use the computers?
Computer sessions are limited to one per day.
How many other people will be in the library during my appointment?
The number of people will be limited to as few as possible to ensure social distancing can be maintained. Areas of the library other than the computer stations will not be accessible to the public right now. The collection is not open for browsing.
What will be required to enter the library and use a computer?
If you have one, bring your library card to login to a computer. We can give you a guest pass if you do not have a library card.
What are safety guidelines and expectations while inside the library?
- A face mask should be worn by everyone over the age of 10. If you do not have a mask, we will give you one.
- Use the provided hand sanitizer before logging into the computer.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from staff and other users.
- Staff will disinfect keyboards between users.
- If you require an accommodation, please let staff know when you call and make your appointment.
Will staff be able to help me on the computer?
Staff must maintain at least six feet of distance from each other and from computer users so hands-on computer help will be significantly limited. Please plan to bring one friend or family member with you if you require computer assistance.
What about printing, faxing and laminating?
- Black and white prints are .10 per page and color copies are .50 per page. Please bring exact change; there will be a lockbox where you can leave your payment.
- Fax and laminating services are not available at this time.
Can I check out books or DVDS while I am there for my computer session?
Yes. The collection is closed for public browsing at this time; however, if there are items you’d like to borrow, a staff member can retrieve them and check them out to you.
Where do I return my items?
Please return all items to the book drop in the parking lot. All returned materials are being quarantined for at least 72 hours before being checked in.