Waste Management helped pioneer a process that lets you put all your clean recyclables into a single receptacle—no need to sort your recyclables! Just roll your recycling bin to the curb, and Waste Management takes it from there!
When La Marque residents use Recycle Often Recycle Right, great things happen. By recycling everyday items like those shown below, tons of raw materials, time, energy, and money are saved. Recycled materials become new products. If you recycle an aluminum can today, it could be back at the store as a new one in 60 days.
- Recyclables go in the green cart with the yellow lid.
- Only place acceptable recyclables shown below in your recycling cart - no sorting needed.
- Containers should be rinsed and free of food and liquid.
- Do not put recyclables in plastic bags.
Recycling will be collected every-other-week. Please see the calendar and map for more information. Call 800-800-5804 for information. Learn about recycling.
DOs and DON'Ts of Recycling
DO recycle CLEAN:
- Recyclable plastic containers
- Steel/tin/aluminum items
- Newspapers with no plastic wrap
- Junk mail
- Phone books
- Magazines without wrappers
- Flattened cereal/snack boxes and cardboard
DO NOT Include:
- Loose plastic bags or package wrap
- Broken/sharp glass
- Ceramic materials
- Food/yard waste
- Hazardous items
- Shredded paper
- Scrap metal
- Nonrecyclable plastics
- Frozen food containers