Join the La Marque Office of Emergency Management for the inaugural Hurricane Huddle featuring storm preparedness tips, giveaways, family-friendly activities and lunch at the new Central Fire Station from on June 29.
Citizens, families and friends of La Marque are invited to attend the Office of Emergency Management Hurricane Huddle and Public Safety Fair from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Saturday, June 29, 2019, at the La Marque Central Fire Station, 750 Saltgrass Point Road in La Marque.
Enjoy these activities:
- Free hotdogs, popcorn, chips and drinks
- Hurricane preparedness tips and giveaway items from City of La Marque, Galveston Office of Emergency Management and American Red Cross
- Helicopter displays from Life Flight, PHI medical transport and US Coast Guard
- Hourly tours of the new Central Fire Station and Administration Building
- Toddler Firefighter Games competition
- La Marque Fire Department trucks and ambulances on display
- Jaws of Life vehicle extrication demonstration
- High water rescue vehicles from the La Marque Police Department fleet
- K9 Officer demonstration from La Marque Police Department
- Dog safety giveaways from La Marque Citizens' Police Academy Alumni
- 911 education and giveaway items from La Marque Police Department Dispatch
- Water conservation information from La Marque Public Works
- Recycling demonstration from Waste Management
- Zika Prevention presentation from Galveston County Health District
- Games and family-friendly activities, including two bounce houses
Register for e-notifications at news.cityoflamarque.org or follow the City of La Marque on social media for event updates. A timeline and event layout will be published prior to the event.